Best Deck Railings on the Market Today
You might not expect it, but one of the most effective ways you can transform your deck isn’t the boards – it’s the railings. That’s why we’re highlighting the best deck railings you can buy.
At Smucker Fencing, we specialize in fences and railing systems for homes throughout Chester and Lancaster Counties. We’ve seen it time and time again: upgrading an old deck railing with aluminum or vinyl improves its look and safety while reducing the maintenance needed. Keep reading to see our picks for the best deck railings – or reach out right now to schedule your free in-home consultation!
Best Aluminum Railing
As is the case with aluminum fences, the best aluminum railings are becoming an increasingly in-demand material. Aluminum deck railings tend to have a sleek, modern look and are extremely sturdy – especially when compared to old wooden deck railings. At Smucker Fencing, we proudly install Westbury aluminum railings, which is our pick for the best aluminum railings. These are some of the key touches that make Westbury our choice for one of the best deck railings on the market:
- Maintenance-Free – While wood deck railings need to be repainted or re-stained, no such work is needed with Westbury aluminum railings. If you choose a dark color railing, you won’t even need to wash it!
- Wide Range of Colors – Speaking of colors, this is one of the reasons that Westbury earns our choice for the best aluminum railings. In addition to a classic black, Westbury offers a truly wide range of colors such as white, bronze, silver, speckled walnut, and much more. See the most popular colors here.
- Lasts a Lifetime – Finally, we trust Westbury railings since we know our customers will be able to trust them to last for decades. If you install one of the best deck railings on the market, you’ll never need to worry about replacing it again.
Bottom Line: Buy an aluminum railing if you want the BIGGEST variety of colors and the most upscale look for your home!
Best Vinyl Railing
Another fantastic choice to make your deck more modern, the best vinyl railings are both popular and stylish. Just like the ever-popular vinyl fences, these railings look great paired alongside most home colors and also pack low-maintenance convenience. At Smucker Fencing, we proudly use vinyl railings from Superior Plastic Products and GreenWay Fencing & Railing, both of which are local Lancaster County companies. These are the key traits that make vinyl one of the best deck railings on the market today:
- Attractive Vinyl Look – The attractive vinyl fences we install have a clean and timeless look that homeowners love. Nothing will make your space feel more up-to-date than replacing an outdated wood railing with an elegant vinyl option. Ready for some style inspiration? Check out some of our favorite railings in our project gallery.
- Low-Maintenance – Once again, you’ll never need to worry about repainting or re-staining these railings. The vinyl material is completely impervious to the rot and mold that cause problems in wooden railings. The only work you’ll ever have to do is to wash them off periodically with dish soap and water.
- Lasts a Lifetime – Just like with the best aluminum deck railings we endorse, the lifespan of the railing system really matters to us. Both brands of the best vinyl railing that we install are built to be sturdy and survive the elements for as long as you’ll need it.
Bottom Line: Buy a vinyl railing if you want timeless style that comes in at a generally lower price point!
Deck Quotes on the Best Deck Railings
These are our picks for the best deck railings, and these are the reasons we trust them enough to suggest them for our clients’ homes. Your upgraded railing – and your new and improved deck – start with a conversation. Our outdoor designers will go over all of your style options, show you samples, and even provide you quotes for both aluminum and vinyl.
Reach out today to start the conversation with us!